This recipe is versatile in that you can use it to make a delicious breakfast or fill the cups with ice cream or whipped cream for dessert. It is also a fun one to put together with the kids, letting them fill and decorate their own cups. I also love keeping them in the freezer and then taking them out and letting them that for a few minutes for a quick and easy snack.
This recipe works best with granola that is not in clusters, which sometimes has more difficulty holding together.
1 1/2c granola
1/2c natural nut or seed butter (the kind that has to be refrigerated once opened)
1/4c ground flax
Coconut oil spray or silicone muffin cups
Filling and Garnish
Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Combine granola and flax in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate microwaveable bowl, combine honey and nut butter and microwave for 45-60 seconds until liquefied then add to granola mixture and stir until combined. The mixture should stick together when you press it between your fingers.
- Fill muffin tins sprayed with coconut oil or lines with silicone muffin cups with mixture then use a shot glass to create an indent in the centre of each cup.
- Refrigerate or freeze cups until they become solid.
- Once they are cold enough to hold their shape, fill with yogurt then top with berries and garnish.
Makes 6-8 cups